Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: No, They Are Not!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    No, They Are Not!

    I don't need to say a word, i think the pics and description say it all.

    Altec Lansing 19 Studio Monitors - AWESOME SOUND! - eBay (item 270497543148 end time Dec-13-09 21:48:42 PST)

    If he'd said 846B/846U, i'd give him that as they seem to be fairly close facsimiles.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No, They Are Not!

    Just looking briefly, while waiting for my dad to show up, I think think they look better constructed than some Altec cabinets. You're right though, they're modeled after Valencias...... or does the Valencia not have the bump out? I know I've seen that before.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    No, They Are Not!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: No, They Are Not!

    I emailed the seller seems to be decent sort...

    He says builder told him they were 19's.

    I sent him info, see what he does.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: No, They Are Not!

    FWIW, my perception is that of a misinformed seller, not so much of a dishonest one, didn't mean for my original post to sound as critical as it might to some.

    At least there's no VOTT references.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: No, They Are Not!

    Yeah, functionally these are 846B/U VOTT studio monitors, but apparently custom made as he noted, at least I've never seen a factory VOTT with plastic vent tubes. All they really need is the fiberglass or molded foam damping around the horns like on the factory cabs.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: No, They Are Not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    .........or does the Valencia not have the bump out? I know I've seen that before.
    The later 846B with vent tubes do to align the horn to the woofer same as the M19, though the offset is greater due to the differing woofer mounting positions.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member
    No, They Are Not!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: No, They Are Not!

    Now listed as "Custom Altec speakers"


    Custom Altec Lansing Speakers - eBay (item 270497543148 end time Dec-13-09 21:48:42 PST)

    As I say, he really seems the decent sort.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.